Saudi Arabia to host September concerts to celebrate 90th Saudi National Day
A string of concerts will take place in Saudi Arabia during the month of September in celebration of the Kingdom’s 90th National Day, Saudi Arabia’s General Entertainment Authority (GEA) Chairman Turki al-Sheikh announced via Twitter.
On Wednesday, September 23, 2020, Saudi Arabia will celebrate its 90th National Day.
To mark the occasion, the Saudi GEA is set to host a number of concerts featuring prominent Arab artists such as Amr Diab, Rashed al-Majed, Ahlam, and Abadi al-Johar, among others.
For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app
In July, the GEA published guidelines for the resumption of entertainment activities in the Kingdom, taking precautionary measures against COVID-19 into consideration. The guidelines emphasize the importance of wearing masks, social distancing, reducing the duration of social contact, and other preventative measures.
Here is a calendar of the concerts taking place:
• September 22, 2020: Rashed al-Majed and Aseel Abu Bakr, Green Halls in Dammam – Ahlam, King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah.
• September 23, 2020: Majid al-Muhandis, King Fahad Cultural Center in Riyadh – Abadi al-Johar and Dalia Mubarak, King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah.
• September 24, 2020: Angham and Tamer Ashour, Kind Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah.
• September 25, 2020: Rabih Saqer, King Fahad Cultural Center in Riyadh
• September 26, 2020: Amr Diab, Kind Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah.
Tickets for the concerts can be purchased in all Virgin Megastore branches across the Kingdom, and will go on sale starting Tuesday, September 15.