Jennifer Lopez takes fashion line to Mexico
JLO is taking her fashion line outside the United States for the first time
U.S. singer, actress and businesswoman Jennifer Lopez took her fashion line outside the United States for the first time on Monday, launching in Mexico.
Speaking in Spanish, the star -- a New Yorker whose parents are from Puerto Rico -- said she wanted to make her designs affordable to low-income women who want some glamor in their lives.
"I think that, coming from the Bronx, I have a good urban mix," Lopez, 45, said at a news conference, wearing a black shirt and pants ensemble with a white jacket. "I'm more interested in doing (designs for working people) instead of luxury."
She inaugurated a store in the capital in cooperation with Mexican retail chain Coppel. Her line -- which includes clothing, accessories and suitcases -- will be available in more than 1,000 stores in Mexico.
- Jennifer Lopez wants more freedom as an artist
- U.S. pop star Jennifer Lopez slammed for ‘Booty’ music video
- Jennifer Lopez dances on World Cup stage in Lebanese-designed playsuit
- JLo won't perform in World Cup opener in Brazil
- Jennifer Lopez wins award for homosexual drama
- Jennifer Lopez reveals ‘surprise’ for Dubai