Versace launches camo-glam looks for next summer
Versace created a collection that ranged from leather mini dresses and chiffon evening wear with a long trailing train
Donatella Versace created spectacular camo-glam looks for next summer, deploying military accents and materials with flair and precision.
Versace’s eye-catching animal prints mimicked camouflage, and with acid yellow, green and purple accents, they are best deployed in the urban jungle.
From the mishmash patterns in purple, green and gray, Versace created a collection that ranged from leather mini dresses and chiffon evening wear with a long trailing train. Others were tied over one shoulder and at the hemline for drama.
The collection also featured more button-down looks, such as the belted military jackets in sand and olive green as mini dresses and the jacket-short combos with a bandeau top. Accompanying star necklaces hint at rank.
Once again, Versace’s placement of the Medusa logo is more restrained than in the past, branding military belt-buckles and the straps of platform heels like brass buttons. A utilitary jacket, which Versace dubbed the new daywear essential, had Versace scrawled down one arm - discreet placement in the Versace world considering the flurry of animal prints. Matching backpacks finished the look.
“This is a collection for the way women live their lives today, mixing tailoring with sportswear and effortless glamour,” Versace said in show notes.
- Fashion Week show moves crowd with police brutality focus
- H&M tries recycling as antidote to environmental concerns
- Fashion for a cause: Lebanon’s first free design school draws applause
- Cage fight, Snoop Dogg give Versace a run for its money
- Versace's tragic Miami mansion set for auction
- Qatar eyes stake in fashion house Versace, says Italian media
- Qatar looking less likely to bid for Versace, say sources