Here comes the bridal show! Brides-to-be treated to Dubai fête
The four-day exhibition shined a light on a range of exhibitors from countries like the UAE, Turkey, France, Italy and Romania
Bride Dubai 2016 kicked off this week offering brides-to-be a great opportunity to meet leading wedding vendors from across the region, and beyond, in a single location.
Dubbed as the region’s “leading wedding and lifestyle event,” Bride Dubai started on Wednesday at the Dubai World Trade Center.
The four-day exhibition shined a light on a range of exhibitors from countries like the UAE, Turkey, France, Italy and Romania.
The expo connected brides-to-be with designers, stylists, florists, entertainers, makeup artists and jewelry collections.
Guests saw a display of bridal wear and evening gowns during The Fashion Catwalk, in addition to glamorous evening Abayas.
The exhibition also featured a pop-up couture area and a beauty lounge to provide self-care tips.
Bridal dresses included designs by Mery’s Couture, from Switzerland, who said they were happy to showcase in Dubai for the first time.
“Because we had customers travelling to us in Zurich, we decided to come closer by showcasing in Dubai to reach customers in the Middle East,” said Elif Dastori, Middle East distributor for Mery’s told Al Arabiya English.
The event also organized talks by celebrity beauty experts, such as Emirati artist and designer Sheikha Hend Al Qassimi and MBC TV host Joelle Mardinian.
The bridal show ends on Saturday Feb. 13.
- ‘A bountiful start:’ Turkish newlyweds who served Syrian refugees speak out
- Here comes the bride, all dressed in ... toilet paper?
- Video: Egyptian groom surprises bride with ISIS-themed wedding party
- Pakistani groom forgets bride’s name in ‘fake’ marriage
- Watch ‘unwed bride’ roam Cairo in her white dress
- ‘Unwed bride’ roams Cairo in her white dress
- Choosing the perfect winter wedding cake
- How to avoid awkward wedding situations
- Save the date? How to choose when to hold the perfect wedding