In pictures: Tokyo holds its first fashion show for Muslim women
Around 10 brands, mainly from Singapore, were showcasing their creations at the Tokyo Modest Fashion Show
Models wearing an array of colorful hijabs walked down a Tokyo catwalk on Tuesday in what organizers said was the first such fashion show for Muslim women in Japan.
Floral patterns were among the designs adorning long robe garments and matching headscarves at Japan’s first “Muslimah Fashion Show,” which is taking place as part of a two-day Halal Expo Japan event.
Around 10 brands, mainly from Singapore, were showcasing their creations at the Tokyo Modest Fashion Show.
- Burkini debate distant in Turkey as Islamic fashion flourishes
- Muslim expenditure on clothes to reach $322b by 2018
- Iranian fashion house unveils Islamic designs for World Cup
- From engineering to fashion: Libyan designer launches Ramadan line
- Fashionable Islamic wear; a lucrative venture in Pakistan