Marriam Mossalli, a Saudi fashion editor turned entrepreneur, documents the distinctive development of Saudi women.
Mossalli, who hails from Jeddah, is the founder of Niche Arabia which is the only luxury consultancy firm in Saudi Arabia.
Niche Arabia provides luxury brands with advertising, media, event planning, and publishing services and organizes social events which reminisce about the beautiful old times.
Mossalli appears spontaneous on her Instagram account where she fights “the stereotypes surrounding Saudi women” as she puts it.
She organized the first female-only sports event held at King Abdullah Sports City. She also directed the short movie Under the Abaya which focuses on Saudi women as business pioneers.
Mossalli is the first Arab fashion expert to be invited to the White House by former first lady Michelle Obama to attend the Celebration of Design event.
- Saudi female surgeon named goodwill ambassador for Orthopedics society
- Saudi female artist dreams of becoming the Arab Madame Tussauds
- NASA names one of its asteroids after young Saudi female researcher
- Saudi female student wins NASA’s Intel ISEF award
- Q&A: Saudi female artist hopes to illustrate culture through ‘wall tattoos’