Colon cancer most ‘common’ type of cancer in Saudi Arabia
tumors in the colon have increased during the past two years among citizens under 35
The head of surgery at Saad Specialist Hospital in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia said colon cancer is the most common type of cancer affecting Saudi men and the second most common for women.
During a forum organized by the Saudi Cancer Society on Thursday, Dr. Al-Hasan Al-Nami pointed out that tumors in the colon have increased during the past two years among citizens under 35, who account for a quarter of patients with this condition.
He added that Riyadh accounted for 15 percent of the cases, followed by the Eastern Province with 13 percent, while Jazan came last with only 2 percent.
This article was first published in the Saudi Gazette on Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2014.
- An Aspirin a day ‘keeps cancer away,’ say researchers
- Fancy a cuppa? Top herbal teas to ward off cancer, diabetes and more
- Breast cancer patient dances 'Gangnam Style' into surgery
- Henna initiative helps cancer patients cope
- Saudi cleric claims to find MERS cure
- Eat to beat cancer with this easy-to-follow diet