Egypt’s state television channels stop broadcasting
Due to a power cut, Egypt’s state television channels stop broadcasting on Saturday
Egyptian state television channels stopped broadcasting on Saturday due to a power cut, three security officials said.
Government officials were not immediately available for comment.
Mohamed al-Yamani, spokesman for the Ministry of Electricity, told CBC television the disruption was most likely due to an internal problem in the central Cairo building complex that houses the state television channels.
- Electricity restored in Egypt’s Media City after explosion
- GE to invest $200 mln in Egypt manufacturing facility
- Saudi-Egypt electricity grid project to soon be finalized
- Egypt minister apologizes for massive blackout
- Egypt needs electricity to move forward
- Minister: Egypt to raise electricity prices before election
- Official: Saudi Arabia needs to spend $213bn on water, power
- Minister: Egypt raises electricity prices