Page on Russian social media site hosts ‘Miss Hitler’ pageant
The competition is titled ‘Miss Ostland,’ in reference to the territory occupied by then Nazi Germany in Eastern Europe
A group of neo-Nazi Russian and Ukrainian social media users held an online beauty contest in which the winner would be dubbed “Miss Hitler,” UK-based daily The Independent reported.
However, VKontakte, Russia’s answer to Facebook, suspended the account “due to calls to violent actions.”
The competition was titled “Miss Ostland,” believed to be a reference to the territory occupied by then Nazi Germany in Eastern Europe.
Organizers have asked contestants to post photos of themselves on the Hitler Public page on VKontakte.
Vocativ reports the following rules to be applied in the competition:
1. Be a woman.
2. Be a Nazi.
3. Be a woman Nazi.
4. Be a woman who hates Jews.
5. Be a member of the “Adolf Hitler” VKontakte group.
6. Post a sexy Nazi pic.
7. Get other Nazis to like your pic.
8. Don’t insult other women’s pictures.
So far, 14 women from several countries in Eastern Europe and Russia have posted their photos who as contestats are also encouraged to caption their photos with why they “love and revere the Third Reich of Adolf Hitler.”
The page’s more than 7,000 followers continuously update it with photos of leaders of the Nazi regime in addition to historical trivia biased toward the fascist regime.
The winner will receive a piece of jewelry with Third Reich emblems, Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported.
- Zara pulls yellow-star tee shirt over link to Nazis
- Holocaust families blast Israel over Gaza conflict
- Putin praises Russia’s ‘all-conquering patriotic force’
- U.N. probe says N. Korea’s crimes on par with Nazis’
- Israeli ministers approve bill on ‘Nazi’ as illegal slur
- Google says sorry to Germany over ‘Adolf Hitler Square’
- Nazi-themed cafe raises questions in Indonesia
- Greek neo-Nazis threaten to mobilize against mosque
- Neo-Nazis attack Egyptian expats in Greece