#JeSuisNico memes of Sarkozy at Paris march erupt
He managed to shimmy his way to the front of the historic march in Paris
Former French president Nicolas Sarkozy was the butt of Internet jokes on Monday after he managed to shimmy his way to the front of the historic march in Paris.
A number of photoshopped images of the former leader appearing at world events emerged within hours of the march, complete with the hashtag #JeSuisNico.
The pictures show the ex-president at the fall of the Berlin Wall and behind the victorious French team from the 1998 World Cup.
Sarkozy, who has recently returned to politics as head of the right-wing opposition UMP party, initially found himself a few rows back from the line of world leaders gathered for Sunday's march against terrorism that is considered the biggest rally in modern French history.
However, he managed to subtly make his way forward with a few nifty manoeuvres captured in a series of photographs.
The #JeSuisNico pictures also show the ex-president appearing at John F. Kennedy's funeral, Martin Luther King's Washington rally and the Moon landing.
He also gets a cameo in the Lion King, on a Bob Dylan cover and alongside the cast of television show "Friends".
- Bulgaria arrests Frenchman with ‘links’ to Paris attacks
- Netanyahu’s showing in Paris rally draws scorn
- Erdogan blasts Netanyahu for ‘daring’ to attend Paris rally
- White House: U.S. should have sent other officials to Paris rally
- Danish PM falls to the ground during Paris visit
- Father of Boumeddiene ‘shocked’ at daughter’s links to Paris attack