This week’s viral debate: Is this cat going up or down the stairs?
In what seems to be an optical illusion, one can see the feline going both down and up the stairs, prompting a heated debate
The internet has once again given its users another dilemma akin to an existential crisis, but this time it is not a dress. It is a cat that seems to be going up and down a stair case, simultaneously.
In what seems to be an optical illusion, one can see the feline going both down and up the stairs, prompting a heated debate in several corners of the World Wide Web.
The photo was reportedly uploaded for the first time on content sharing site Imgur six days ago where it was viewed more than 10,000 times.
A post with the photo titled “Forget about the golden dress” (a reference to a piece of clothing that sparked a similar outburst a few months ago) on 9gag has received more than 44,000 points.
One 9gag user said he believed the cat was in fact going down the stairs due to the geometry of the steps.
“Down because generally the wood would be flat on the horizontal portion of the stairs and the stone is on the back/vertical portion of the stairs,” Msk08. His, or her, explanation has received more than 8,500 points.
- Black/blue or white/gold? Dress debate goes viral
- Public suicide hoax in Saudi Arabia goes viral
- Photo of Syrian girl’s ‘surrender’ to cameraman goes viral
- Powerful ‘bus barricade’ photo in Syria goes viral
- Video showing ‘100 years of Iranian beauty’ goes viral
- Unretouched photos of Beyonce go viral
- Teen tweet about falling asleep in taxi goes viral
- Egyptians locate man in viral photo on Jan. 25 anniversary
- Egyptians aim to capture biggest selfie - ever
- Video of boy throwing tantrum at birthday party goes viral
- ‘Unwed bride’ roams Cairo in her white dress