Facebook launches ‘safety check’ notification after Paris attacks
The notifications will service members who have friends in the French capital Paris or those in the scene
Soon after the series of deadly attacks on the French capital on Friday and early Saturday that claimed at least 127 lives, Facebook launched a safety check notification feature.
The notifications will service members who have friends in the French capital Paris or those in the scene.
The social media page asks members if “Are you in the affected area?” if yes, then the member will have the option to to click “Yes, let my friends know.”
- Death toll surges to 129 in Paris gunfire and blasts
- Obama says U.S. stands with France: ‘liberte, egalite, fraternite’
- France beat Germany as attacks overshadow friendly
- France strikes ISIS oil sites in Syria
- Liquid lunch? No thanks, Iran tells France in ‘wine row’
- France arrests ISIS-linked naval attack plotter
- Vladimir Putin to attend Paris climate summit: France
- French strike hits ISIS oil facility in Syria