Trump calls Boston Globe ‘worthless’ in response to satirical front page
In an editorial, the Globe calls the satire "an exercise in taking a man at his word"
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has derided The Boston Globe as "stupid" and "worthless" in response to a satirical front page printed by the newspaper Sunday that lampoons a potential Trump presidency.
The fake front page is dated April 9, 2017, and its main story is about Trump calling for deportations. Another article mentions work being halted on a wall at the Mexico border. There's also a short item about backlash Trump received after tweeting a photo of his new dog he named "Madame Peng," after China's first lady Peng Liyuan (puhng LEE'-yoo-en).
In an editorial, the Globe calls the satire "an exercise in taking a man at his word."
Speaking on the campaign trail in Rochester, New York, Sunday, Trump called it a "totally dishonest story."
- Obama: Trump is doing Democrats a ‘favor’
- US security chief compares anti-Muslim remarks to red scare
- Ted Cruz beats Donald Trump in Wisconsin primary
- Trump details how Mexico would fund US wall: report
- Trump's prediction of ‘massive recession’ puzzles economists
- What do Hugo Chávez and Donald Trump have in common?