The Muslim World League has issued a statement condemning what they say is Qatari media campaign of incitement against its religious scholars.
The statement issued early on Monday said it condemned several media outlets from Qatar for describing some of their Muslim scholars as “hypocrites to the faith”.
“The Secretariat of the MWL deplores the audacity of insults against the nation's top scholars, asserting that the media apparatus that is being used to serve extremism can result in such actions against Islamic behavior that encourages in the preservation of religion and foul language,” the statement published on their main Twitter read.
The Muslim World League is Pan-Islamic is an NGO based in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, and was founded in 1962.
Their statement also comes after the Muslim World League announced the termination of Qatari-Egyptian harline cleric Yusuf al-Qaradawi’s membership with the group after being designated on the terrorism list announced by Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt last week.
The league also issued a statement in which it declared its full support for the statement issued by Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain on Friday with regard to the list of prohibited terrorists.
The Muslim World League ends Qaradawi's membership in the Fiqh AcademyThe Muslim World League announced the termination of the membership of Yusuf al-Qaradawi after being classified on the terrorism list announced by ... World News
Muslim World League supports decision to release Qatar-linked ‘terrorism’ listThe Muslim World League has said it supports a decision by Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt in designating 59 Qatar-linked ... Gulf