Bill Cosby breaks silence following sex assault allegations
He made these remarks ahead of a show in Melbourne, Florida where he said he will not mention the allegations
Bill Cosby broke his radio silence on Sunday after several women came out with allegations that the veteran comedian had sexually assaulted them.
Speaking to Florida Today, Cosby called these allegations, made by at least a dozen women, “innuendoes.”
“I know people are tired of me not saying anything, but a guy doesn't have to answer to innuendos. People should fact check. People shouldn't have to go through that and shouldn't answer to innuendos,” he was quoted as saying by Florida Today.
He made these remarks ahead of a show in Melbourne, Florida where he said he will not mention the allegations during his performance.
The allegations, made with detailed accounts, have led to the cancellation of interviews and projects Cosby was meant to be part of.
His lawyer has so far denied four of the allegations.
“These brand new claims about alleged decades-old events are becoming increasingly ridiculous,” Cosby’s lawyer Martin Singer told the Daily News.
“It is completely illogical that so many people would have said nothing, done nothing, and made no reports to law enforcement or asserted civil claims if they thought they had been assaulted over a span of so many years.”
The lawyer put the blame on journalists whom he accused of not adding to the claims.
“Over and over again, we have refuted these new unsubstantiated stories with documentary evidence, only to have a new uncorroborated story crop up out of the woodwork,” he was quoted as saying.
“When will it end? It's long past time for this media vilification of Mr. Cosby to stop.”