Turki Al-Dakhil named Al Arabiya GM, Adel Altoraifi becomes Info Minister
Adel Altoraifi has been named as Information Minister
In a statement released today, MBC Group’s Chairman Sheikh Waleed Al-Ibrahim announced the appointment of Turki Al-Dakhil as the new General Manager of Al Arabiya News Channel.
Al-Dakhil succeeds Dr. Adel Altoraifi who has just been announced as the new Saudi Minister of Culture and Information as per a Royal Decree issued late last night.
Commenting on Dr. Altoraifi’s appointment in the Saudi government, Al-Ibrahim expressed the warmest wishes on behalf of himself and everyone at MBC Group and Al Arabiya. He also wished Dr. Altoraifi all the best of success in his new responsibilities and praised his skills, academic and professional accomplishments whilst emphasizing that Altoraifi has what it takes to achieve the expected reforms and much-needed sectoral quantum leap.
In the same context, Sheikh Waleed Al-Ibrahim considered that Turki Al-Dakhil’s appointment is a “step in the right direction and falls in line with our commitment to continuously enhance Al Arabiya’s performance; especially that he is one of the channel’s most prominent journalists.”
“I have full confidence in Al-Dakhil’s professional capabilities and his proven track-record speaks for itself,” concluded MBC Group’s Chairman.
- Dr. Adel Altoraifi appointed new GM at Al Arabiya News Channel
- Saudi King orders massive $29.3 billion spending
- Saudi King Salman issues major royal orders
- Obama holds talks with King Salman in Riyadh
- Obama’s large delegation to Saudi: Bridging past loyalties, enduring future
- U.S.-Saudi relations under King Salman: What to expect next?