Heart attack compelled Egyptian presenter to leave guest on air
‘I tried to resist but I could not,’ said the presenter
TV viewers were left perplexed after an Egyptian presenter named Hikmat Abdulhamid’s left her guests behind her show “Good Morning Egypt” was live on air.
But soon afterwards, Abdulhamid sought to put an end to speculation surrounding her sudden disappearance, blaming health issues.
Hikmat said that she was experienced “intolerable pain” and the director did not take notice of her signals that she could not continue.
After a medical checkup, it turns out that she experienced a minor heart attack.
In a video published on YouTube on April 19, her guest Wajdi Zain al-Din, editor in chief of al-Wafd newspaper, looked shocked when he saw his host leaving but he continued speaking.
“I tried to resist but I could not, that’s why I left better than the camera filming me while I fall unconscious,” Shorouk News quoted her as saying.
She also apologized, reiterating what she experienced was “out of her control.”
- Bolivian leader gives Ban Ki-moon birthday cake containing banned substance
- Bank of England defends King’s lavish leaving presents
- Rihanna becomes face of Dior’s new collection
- Jordanian TV presenter hosts donkey as guest of show
- Clooney, fiancee arrive in Venice for wedding
- French pilgrim performs hajj as Saudi king's guest