French TV station airs purported Paris suicide bombing
The footage broadcast by France’s M6 on Sunday appears to show a man walking into the Comptoir Voltaire restaurant crowded with Friday night diners
French television has broadcast what it says is a video taken from inside the Paris restaurant where extremist Brahim Abdeslam blew himself up on Nov. 13, killing himself and wounding several others.
The footage broadcast by France’s M6 on Sunday appears to show a man walking into the Comptoir Voltaire restaurant crowded with Friday night diners, looking down and covering his eyes before an explosion at his back propels his body forward.
The Associated Press was not immediately able to verify the authenticity of the footage.
The images are gruesome but reaction in France appears to have been muted. France’s television watchdog says it was not immediately able to say whether there had been any complaints.
The Nov. 13 attacks in Paris claimed 130 victims’ lives and wounded hundreds more.