.
.
.
.

WATCH: Moment Sudanese TV channel went ablaze live on air

The TV host of Sudanese channel Blue Nile and his guest were shocked live on air when flames were seen coming down from the studio ceiling

Published: Updated:

The TV host of Sudanese channel Blue Nile – one of the most popular broadcaster in Sudan – and his guest were shocked live on air when flames were seen coming down from the studio ceiling on Wednesday.

The host of the morning’s health program had to cut the show, telling viewers: “We will continue after the break,” while his guest looked stunned.

The fire broke out at 10:30 in the morning local time, a statement read from the broadcaster. The fire reportedly destroyed one of the major studios, as well as a newsroom. The damages made by the fire are estimated to be the value of over 500,000 dollars.

It is unknown what cause the fire, however local reports believe it was due to an electrical fault.