Lebanese journalist Paula Yacoubian resigns from Future TV to run for elections
After announcing her resignation on Wednesday as host of “interviews” on Lebanese broadcast channel Future TV, journalist Paula Yacoubian appears to be starting a new chapter in the political stage.
Yacoubian, whose talk show has aired for over a decade on the pro-Hariri channel, said she will be running in the parliament elections set to be held in May.
According to Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper, despite her long affiliation with the channel, Yacoubian will be running for a seat with the Civil Society in the first district circle of Beirut in competition to Hariri's Future Movement.
The journalist recently said: “A huge elections project is currently in the works, and before we talk about the chances of losing or winning, we await to inform the people about it”.
- Pope: ‘Fake news’ is evil, journalists must search for truth
- Journalists protest Philippine move to close news website Rappler
- Lebanon minister: Political crisis wont delay oil, gas licensing
- Lebanon’s Walid Jumblatt affirms son as political heir
- Aoun, Hariri’s Hezbollah comments lay bare Lebanon’s political divide