Broadcaster France 24 on Saturday demanded the withdrawal of footage from one of its reports on a US demonstration which found its way into a Donald Trump US election campaign clip.
Marie-Christine Saragosse, director of France Medias Monde, which oversees state media, said round the clock news station France 24 had been “shocked to discover unauthorized use of images” from one of its reports during recent public unrest in Minneapolis.
“France 24 opposes in principle ... use of its images in any partisan clip and is outraged that moreover that its images have been re-edited and their sense twisted, seriously undermining the journalistic work of its teams and its intellectual property,” said Saragosse.
She added the broadcaster was calling for the immediate pulling of the images, adding it was debating whether to take legal action if that demand was not met.
President Trump calls on Fox News to fire reporter over veterans flapUS President Donald Trump has demanded that Fox News fire its national security correspondent after she confirmed claims that the Republican leader ... World News
US elections: Moderators for Trump-Biden debates announced, dates setThe moderators of the upcoming debates between US President Donald Trump and his Democratic rival, Joe Biden, were announced Wednesday by the ... Television & Radio
Watch: Minneapolis police officer struck on the neck with garbage can lid during riotA Minneapolis police officer was injured after a rioter struck him on the neck with a heavy garbage can lid, knocking him to the ground while others ... World News