More than 98 percent of voters backed the new Egyptian constitution in a referendum this week, authorities said on Saturday, though the turnout was lower than some officials had indicated, with under 40 percent of the electorate taking part.
- Sisi ‘readies electoral agenda’ for Egypt presidential vote
- Egyptian journalist says Americans will be ‘slaughtered in their homes’
- Official: Egypt’s new president must be civilian
- Sisi and the presidential adventure
- Egypt hits 3-year high as Sisi signals may run for president
- Sisi to run for president upon ‘popular demand’
- Egyptian called ‘Mursi’ wants to change name to ‘Sisi’
- Egypt’s General Sisi ‘edges closer’ to presidency
- Will 2014 see Sisi as Egypt’s next president?