Thousands of Jews make the pilgrimage to Jerusalem during the eight-day Pesach holiday, which commemorates the Israelites' exodus from slavery in Egypt some 3,500 years ago and their plight by refraining from eating leavened food products.
- Jews pray in Jerusalem after old city clashes
- Where better to celebrate Easter than Jerusalem, Bethlehem and even Gaza
- Israel approves disputed E. Jerusalem archeology project
- Fearing unrest, Israeli police limit al-Aqsa worship
- Israeli ex-PM Olmert convicted of bribery
- Israel shells Lebanon after border blast
- Shutdown in Jerusalem for ultra-Orthodox protest