The attack, the latest in a string of killings, comes exactly one week after a U.S. airstrike killed the chief of the al-Qaeda-linked al-Shabaab rebels, Ahmed Abdi Godane, prompting threats of retaliation from the extremists.
- Somalia’s Islamist al-Shabaab at risk of splintering
- Somalia’s al-Shabaab rebels claim deadly twin car bombings
- Al-Shabaab pledge allegiance to new leader
- Slain al-Shabaab chief: Militant, ideologue, poet
- Somalia on high alert after al-Shabaab leader killed
- U.S. confirms al-Shabaab leader killed
- Somalia's Al-Shabaab chief likely dead in U.S. airstrike: source