The annual Christian feast marks the recovery of the Cross on which Jesus Christ is believed to have been crucified by the Byzantine Emperor Heraclius in 627 AD after defeating the Sassanid Persians.
- Assad urges end to funding of armed groups in Syria, Iraq
- Kurds retake Christian villages from Iraq militants
- 1300GMT: Iraq PM given 2 days to propose candidates for defense, interior portfolios
- Iraq PM calls for ending boycott of Saudi products
- Investigators find Syrian govt still ‘responsible’ for most killings