Images reveal life of ‘most wanted woman in France’
A photo of a bikini-clad Hayat Boumeddiene, suspected to be an assailant in the deadly Paris supermarket attack, surfaced online
A photo of a bikini-clad Hayat Boumeddiene, suspected to be an assailant in the Paris supermarket attack which left four people dead, surfaced online on Saturday.
Boumediene's husband Amedy Coulibaly stormed a kosher supermarket and took in several hostages, killing four people before he was shot by police.
The Daily Mail reports he is the man posing with Boumeddiene in the picture.
Other photos showed her in a burqa as she posed in a sling shot. In another image, she is seen with Coulibaly.
Boumeddienne has been described as an accomplice in the attack by French police, the Associated Press reported.
Police issued a bulletin Friday asking anyone with information about Coulibaly's wife, 26-year-old Hayat Boumeddiene, to contact them, saying she was potentially “armed and dangerous.”
Boumeddiene was likely in Turkey at the time of the killings, a police source told AFP on Saturday.
Police had initially suspected the 26-year-old may have had a role in her partner Amedy Coulibaly's acts of violence on Thursday and Friday when he shot dead a policewoman and took people hostage in a Paris siege, but she was likely already in Turkey, the source said.
A security source told AFP that Turkey failed to arrest Boumeddiene due to lack of intel from France.
- Four hostages killed in Paris kosher supermarket hostage drama
- Gunman surrenders after taking hostages in south of France
- Paris shooting cases demonstrate spy agencies’ limits
- France’s Hollande calls on national unity after Paris massacre
- Four hostages, captor killed at Paris kosher store
- Iran’s Rowhani condemns killing in name of Islam
- ‘I shook his hand’: French salesman on run-in with massacre suspect
- Paris gunman was from same jihadist cell as Hebdo suspects