Sixty years of Saudi women’s education in pictures
The pictures show young girls huddled next to each other in class rooms, while others show some of the older educational institutions
A series of photographs made available by the Saudi Press Agency detail the history of female education in Saudi Arabia.
The pictures show young girls huddled next to each other in class, while others show some of the older educational institutions in the Kingdom.
The photographs were collected from public and private libraries and public records.
This article is part of Al Arabiya News' Special Coverage on International Women's Day.
- Thirty women to run in Saudi municipal vote
- Saudi Shoura ponders over dress code for women anchors
- Saudi women abandoned by husbands denied Social Affairs services
- Saudi women drivers Hathloul and Alamoudi released: AFP
- What is the relation between Saudi women driving and rape?!
- Women constitute 13% of Saudi workforce: stats agency
- How Saudi women can boost the manufacturing industry
- Growing number of Saudi single women challenge tradition
- Saudi women seek their rights in real estate ownership
- More than 682,000 Saudi women say no to private sector jobs
- Three-day week for Saudi women in remote schools
- Women educators facing ‘numerous’ challenges in Saudi Arabia
- Physical education for Saudi girls stirs debate