Saudi Arabia searches for men who harassed girl in new viral video
Makkah Police formed a task force to analyze a new video clip showing a group of youths harassing a girl
Saudi Arabia's police formed a task force to analyze a new video clip showing a group of youths harassing a girl presumably outside a shopping mall in Taif.
A search is under way to arrest the youths who appeared in the video that went viral on social media websites, said Col. Ati Al-Qurashi, spokesman for Makkah Police.
The 11-second video showed the girl walking in one of the streets near the mall with two young men following her. A third youth took her pictures while seated in a vehicle. He offered her a lift. Then one of the youths following the girl grabbed her.
Al-Qurashi said security authorities in the region have taken notice of the video. He said neither the girl nor her family reported the incident to the police.
Al-Qurashi said a working team has been formed to analyze the video clip and collect information about the people involved.
The police will exert maximum efforts to identify the harassers and hand them over to the authorities concerned, Al-Qarashi said.
This article was first published in the Saudi Gazette on Sunday 26, 2015.
- Video of tailor measuring girl causes outrage in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi ‘cancer-stricken girl’ Twitter account exposed as hoax
- Saudi convicted of kidnapping and raping minor girls executed
- Saudi sports fans rally to help impoverished girl in Twitter snaps
- Getting active, girls’ schools in Saudi city introduce sports