Small and medium-sized enterprises account for 80 percent of businesses and 30 percent of employment in the Arab world, according to industry figures. The World Economic Forum in Jordan will address the business case for investing in them.
See below for the LIVE video from the event.
- Jin-Yong Cai, chief executive, International Finance Corporation (IFC), Washington DC
- Marco Comastri, President and General Manager, Europe, Middle East and Africa, CA Technologies, Switzerland
- Ibrahim S. Dabdoub, Group Chief Executive Officer, National Bank of Kuwait, Kuwait
- Abdelouahed Souhail, Minister of Employment and Vocational Training of Morocco
- Fathi Taher, Chief Executive Officer, Taher Invest, Jordan
Moderated by: Mohamad Al Ississ, Professor, Economics, AUC School of Business, Egypt; Global Agenda Council on the Arab World
Peace, jobs high on agenda as Jordan's King Abdullah opens WEFPeace between Israel and Palestine and the creation of more jobs in the Arab world are high on the agenda at the World Economic Forum in Jordan, at ... World Economic Forum - Jordan
Leaders at Jordan WEF to discuss ‘urgent’ economic issuesWorld leaders including King Abdullah of Jordan, the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry are set to attend this ... World Economic Forum - Jordan
WEF - Advancing growth and resilience in the MENA regionThe transformations in the Middle East and North Africa have by no means come to an end. As we come together at the Dead Sea in Jordan, the situation ... World Economic Forum - Jordan