FIFA suspends Barcelona transfer ban during appeal
FIFA has cleared Barcelona to sign new players this offseason by freezing the club's one-year transfer embargo while the sanction is appealed
FIFA has cleared Barcelona to sign new players this offseason by freezing the club's one-year transfer embargo while the sanction is appealed.
FIFA says its appeal panel "considered that the appeal lodged by the club is to be granted suspensive effect."
FIFA says panel chairman Larry Mussenden took the decision because the case was unlikely to be resolved before the July 1 opening of the next transfer window.
Barcelona has pledged to pursue a further challenge at the Court of Arbitration for Sport if, as expected, it loses the initial appeal at FIFA.
Barcelona was barred from registering new players by FIFA's disciplinary committee as punishment for signing youth players from overseas in breach of rules designed to prevent child trafficking.
- UAE’s Etisalat renews sponsorship agreement with FC Barcelona
- Young FC Barcelona fan killed in Syria, his photo goes viral
- FC Barcelona hasn’t ruled out big projects in Gulf, says exec
- Cairo declared city with most FC Barcelona Facebook fans
- Barca takes control with 2-0 win over 10-man Manchester City
- FC Barcelona sends footballs to Palestinian schoolchildren