Neymar says back improving during Japan trip
The 22-year-old Neymar made a promotional trip to Tokyo
Showing no sign of the back injury that knocked him out of the World Cup, Neymar says he is feeling better and looking forward to the start of the Spanish season with Barcelona.
The 22-year-old Neymar made a promotional trip to Tokyo where he will film a commercial for a Japanese mattress company. About 700 fans greeted him at Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Thursday.
Neymar's first World Cup ended in disappointment when he was carried off the field on a stretcher with a fractured vertebra during Brazil's quarterfinal win over Colombia.
Before his injury, Neymar scored four goals in his five games nd was considered one of the stand-out players of the tournament.
- Watch Neymar’s tearful video after World Cup injury
- Brazil striker Neymar to miss rest of World Cup
- ‘God blessed me,’ says Brazil’s Neymar as he recalls Zuniga challenge
- FIFA takes no action over challenge on Neymar
- Neymar sends good luck message to Brazil team mates
- Double take: Neymar look-a-like surprises fans in Dubai