Report: Algeria call up Kashi as Abeid’s replacement for African Cup
Kashi has been called up to play for Algeria at the African Nations Cup finals
Uncapped midfielder Ahmed Kashi has been called up to play for Algeria at the African Nations Cup finals, the country's official news agency said on Thursday.
The 26-year-old French-born player from FC Metz is expected to be named as a replacement for the injured Medhi Abeid of Newcastle United, said the Algerie Presse Service. The Algerian Football Federation was yet to confirm the call-up.
Algeria were the first of the 16 countries competing at this month's tournament in Equatorial Guinea to name their final squad but still have a week to make changes before the deadline for the submission of the 23-man selections.
- Algeria keeps faith with World Cup squad
- How the World Cup and Algeria have inspired a generation
- Report: Algeria World Cup squad to donate bonus money to Gaza
- Algeria World Cup team ‘exempt’ from Ramadan fast
- Tunisians celebrate Algeria’s historic World Cup success
- Algeria restores Arab pride at the World Cup