Messi fit for Argentina friendlies, say Barcelona
Barcelona said Messi was fit to remain with Argentina in Washington for their Copa America warm-up friendly against El Salvador
Fears that Argentina captain Lionel Messi had sustained a foot injury during Barcelona's 2-1 win over Real Madrid in the Liga "clasico" on Sunday were allayed on Monday by his club.
Barcelona said Messi was fit to remain with Argentina in Washington for their Copa America warm-up friendly against El Salvador on Saturday.
"FC Barcelona's medical staff in consultation with their counterparts at the Argentine Football Federation confirm that the tests carried out on Leo Messi whilst on international duty with the Argentine national side in Washington D.C. show that he has no injury to his right foot where he received a blow in his last league match with the blaugranas against Real Madrid," the club said on their website (www.fcbarcelona.com).
Argentina, preparing for the Copa America in Chile from June 11-July 4, have another friendly against Ecuador in New Jersey next Tuesday.
- Messi would be in my team ahead of Ronaldo: Pele
- Messi-inspired Barca riding high before City, ‘Clasico’
- Barca march four points clear at the top
- Real’s Cristiano Ronaldo tops Goal Rich List 2015
- Neymar, a key factor in Barca’s resurgence
- Messi breaks Spanish hat-trick record as Barca go top
- Barca’s Suarez bursts from shadow of Messi and Neymar