Football fans show support for refugees during matches
The images showed supporters holding banners in which the slogan ‘Refugees Welcome’ could be seen
Images of football supporters across Europe holding banners in support for refugees - who are arriving en masse on the continent's shores everyday - have gone viral on the internet.
The images showed supporters holding banners in which the slogan “Refugees welcome” could be read.
They come at a time where the crisis around migrants is worsening, with about 350,000 people reaching the border of the European Union.
Pressure for European leaders to take effective action rose sharply this week after pictures flashed around the world of the body of a Syrian Kurdish toddler washed up on a Turkish resort beach, personalizing the collective tragedy of the refugees.
- U.N. says refugee crisis cannot be solved by 'closing the door'
- Save refugees from drowning by letting them fly
- Iran artist to share prize money with Syria refugees
- Anger after UK party member blames refugee parents for Syrian boy’s death
- Britain to take ‘thousands more Syrian refugees’: Cameron
- Argentina: doors are open to welcome Syrian refugees