Son of tripped Syrian refugee accompanies Ronaldo at game
The son of the Syrian refugee tripped by a Hungarian journalist accompanied Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo onto the pitch
The son of the Syrian refugee tripped by a Hungarian journalist accompanied Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo onto the pitch before the team’s Spanish league game on Saturday.
Madrid invited Osama Abdul Mohsen and sons Zaid and Mohammad to the match, which Madrid won 1-0 against Granada.
Zaid accompanied Ronaldo when the teams entered the pitch before kickoff and received applause from the Santiago Bernabeu crowd.
Before the match, the players wore T-shirts supporting the thousands of refugees fleeing to Europe from the Syrian war.
Mohsen had arrived to the capital earlier this week after a Spanish football academy offered to help them rebuild their life.
Images of him being tripped by the Hungarian journalist provoked outrage across the continent.
This month, Madrid donated 1 million euros to help refugees arriving to Spain.
- Syrian tripped by Hungarian journalist heading to Spain
- Hungarian reporter fired after deliberately tripping Syrian refugee
- Fired Hungarian camerawoman apologizes for kicking migrants
- Ronaldo surpasses Messi as Real thump Shakhtar
- Cristiano Ronaldo plays football prank disguised as homeless man
- Canada to accept 10,000 Syrians within one year
- Syrian refugees’ misery fuels desperation to reach Europe