The 57-year-old football legend Diego Maradona said he is suing his ex-wife Claudia Villafane and daughters Dalma and Giannina for the alleged theft of $4.5 million from him between 2000 and 2015.
He added that his family transferred the money to a bank account in Uruguay and to US where they bought a property.
Maradona's lawyer claims 28-year-old Giannina was in Uruguay for a 'few hours' in August, according to Spanish sports news outlet Marca.
However, Giannina said on Twitter: "They know where I live and they can come when they want. Thanks for all the warm messages.
"I am fine with myself inside, I have forgiven worse from him and I will do the same now."
Maradona is now managing the UAE’s Fujairah club.
- I want another go at coaching Argentina, says Maradona
- WATCH: Maradona and Venezuelan President play football together
- Maradona backs use of video technology to prevent another ‘Hand of God’
- Maradona becomes honorary Naples citizen
- Argentina legend Maradona accused of sexually harassing journalist
- Diego Maradona appointed head coach of UAE’s Al-Fujairah