Manchester United’s French midfielder Paul Pogba was ruled out of Saturday’s clash with Liverpool after picking up an injury in the team’s final training session.
Spaniard Juan Mata starts in midfield while Marcus Rashford returns to the United starting line-up to make a three-pronged attack with Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez.
Defender Eric Bailly returned to the starting line-up after being sidelined for over three months with an injury.
Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson, who suffered a dead-leg in Tuesday’s Champions League tie against Porto, starts on the bench for Juergen Klopp’s side.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will partner Emre Can in the center of midfield while James Milner captains the side in Henderson’s absence.
- Man United’s Pogba out long-term with injury, says Mourinho
- Pogba faces spell on the sidelines with hamstring injury
- Pogba wins UEFA Europa League Player of the Season award
- Late Matic strike gives Manchester United win in five-goal Palace thriller
- Manchester United profit weighed down by higher wage bill