Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi will miss the FA Cup final against Chelsea on Aug. 1 because of a hamstring injury, the Premier League club said.
Mustafi, 28, sustained the injury during the closing stages of Arsenal’s 2-0 semi-final victory against Manchester City at Wembley last week.
“Will miss remaining matches of this season. Further details on recovery programme will be confirmed in the coming days,” Arsenal said.
The German defender has received plenty of criticism for his inconsistent displays for the north London club since his arrival from Valencia in 2016 but has enjoyed a renaissance under Mikel Arteta, starting 12 of their last 15 Premier League games.
Mustafi missed Arsenal’s 2-1 win against Chelsea in the 2017 FA Cup final because of illness.
- Tottenham Spurs must aim higher than just finishing above Arsenal, says Mourinho
- Arsenal beat Charlton 6-0 in friendly in first action since coronavirus postponement
- Amid coronavirus, football returns: David Luiz takes blame for Man City 3-0 Arsenal
- Lampard cheers his returning heroes as Chelsea hammer Everton
- Lampard raises prospect of Chelsea bidding for Uruguayan Cavani