Red Bull’s Max Verstappen won Formula One’s 70th Anniversary Grand Prix at Silverstone on Sunday to end Mercedes’ run of domination and become champion Lewis Hamilton’s closest challenger.
In a race that was dominated by tire strategy, Hamilton swept past Mercedes team mate Valtteri Bottas to take second place late in the race and stay 30 points clear in the championship.
Hamilton, who gained an extra point for fastest lap, also equaled Ferrari great Michael Schumacher’s record of 155 career podium finishes.
- Formula One considering closed races once season starts due to coronavirus
- Formula One fans vote McLaren’s Lando Norris their rookie of the year
- Formula One braced for demands of record 22 races
- Verstappen wins Brazilian Formula One Grand Prix thriller
- Britain’s Lewis Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi Formula One Grand Prix