Video: Lebanese teenager kicks his mother on live TV
Shown on Lebanon’s Future Television network, the teenager kicked his mother after a family spat
An angry Lebanese teenager, who reportedly had not seen his mother for the past seven years, kicked her on live television this week while participating in an Arab talk show that seeks to resolve family problems.
The mother sought to appear on “Bil Akeed,” or “For Sure,” shown on Lebanon’s Future Television network, to reunite with her son, Ahmed.
Ahmed, barely 15, initially refused to meet his mother, who claimed that she separated from his father because he was abusive and violent.
According to the televised intro, Ahmed was convinced by the program’s team to sit down with his mother.
With the studio table the only barrier between the two, the mother attempted to defend herself to Ahmed, recounting her divorce ordeal in court.
“In the court he [Ahmed’s father] attacked me in front the judges and the sheikhs,” she said,
Ahmed was visibly infuriated, then began defending his father.
The mother replied by saying that the father is an “intoxicated” and “drunk” man. Ahmed reacted by standing on the table and kicking his mother.
He was quickly pulled from her by the program’s team.
At the end of the clip, which has raised controversy on social media, the host of the program, Zaven Kouyoumdjian, said he would resolve the issue.
- Video: extreme Russian climbers scale Dubai skyscrapers
- Viral video exposes Lebanese teacher beating students
- Viral video of harassed blonde Egypt woman sparks backlash
- Video, pictures: Google’s plans for the Android ‘smartwatch’
- Massive sandstorm overruns Saudi capital
- Dubai unveils first sandstorm forecaster
- Iraqi man goes on trial in fatal beating of wife
- Video of Quran teacher beating pupil under scrutiny in Saudi Arabia