Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan named world’s second richest actor
Khan has starred in over 50 films during his 20-year career
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has been named the world’s second richest actor according to Wealth-X’s international rich list for 2013.
The 48-year-old Bollywood star, dubbed King Khan, out-earned Hollywood stars such as Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp in 2013, and has an estimated personal fortune of $590 million.
Khan has starred in over 50 films during his 20-year career, co-owns the Indian Premier League cricket team Kolkata Knight Riders and also has his own production company.
His most recent film, Chennai Express, broke several Bollywood box office records on its debut.
The only Bollywood star to feature in the top ten of the international celebrity rich list for 2013, Khan was beaten to the number one spot by Jerry Seinfeld.
Much of the Bollywood king’s wealth comes from lucrative endorsement deals with companies such as Nokia, Pepsi and TAG Heuer, reported The Guardian.
Bollywood is the world’s largest filmmaking industry, producing some 1000 films per year – which is double the output of Hollywood.
- Indian election becomes Bollywood epic as politicians seek star backing
- Bobby Kennedy ordered murder of Marilyn Monroe, new book claims
- Angelina Jolie reveals plans to quit Hollywood for her U.N. work
- Clooney proposes twice to Alamuddin to prove it’s not prank
- Photos: Hollywood stars dazzle at 2014 Met Ball