Tweeps poke fun at Egypt’s Sisi as ‘man with a tan’
Twitter users took to social media to poke fun at the not-so-TV-ready president-elect who won 96.9 percent of the votes
Egyptian President-elect Abdel Fattah al-Sisi took to television on Tuesday to address the nation. The gravity of his first speech since declaring victory could have, however, been hampered by what seemed to be a very dark tan boasted by the soon-to-be leader.
Twitter users took to social media to poke fun at not-so-TV-ready president-elect who won 96.9 percent of the votes.
Twitter user Ahmed al-Husseiny said “It’s been a long winter, everybody is pale white. Looks like it’s a job for [the] Tan Man. #Sisi to the rescue.”
Meanwhile, Farah Saafan tweeted “What the hell is wrong with Sisi’s complexion? I mean we know u’re excited but take it easy on the spray tan dude.”
Another user tweeted “The Jersey (Jowsee) tan looks o-some on you, Mr.Sisi.”
“Sisi is celebrating [with] a well-deserved tan,” tweeted one user.
In the television address, Sisi thanked the Egyptian people, judges and the media for their roles during the electoral process.
He also thanked Sabahi, his sole rival, for taking part in the election.
Turnout in last week’s election was 47.45 percent of Egypt’s 54 million voters, the commission said - less than the 40 million votes, or 80 percent of the electorate, that Sisi had called for.
- Saudi king hails Sisi’s ‘historic’ election win
- Sisi’s policy towards Syria
- Sisi’s top fan? Haifa Wehbe cheers for Egypt
- Sisi declared Egypt president with 96% of votes
- Obama ‘looking forward’ to working with Sisi
- President-elect to Egyptians: ‘Time to work’
- 1800GMT: Egypt declares Sisi Egypt’s next president
- 2000GMT: Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi wins Egypt’s presidential election
- Egypt’s Bassem Youssef cancels satirical TV show