Football fan murders wife, children before watching match
The man allegedly told police he committed the triple murder because he was in love with a colleague
An Italian man has admitted to murdering his wife and two children before going to a bar in a nearby town and using the World Cup England vs Italy match as his alibi, according to Italian newspaper Il Mesaggero.
The bodies of Cristina Omes, his 38-year-old wife, and five-year-old Giulia and 20-month-old Gabriele were found with their throats slit and other stab wounds on their bodies at their home near Milan.
After watching the game with his friends, Carlo Lissi, 31, went back home after midnight to “find” the bodies, and then called the police.
He informed the police that after killing his family he stopped en route to the game to throw the knife he used to murder them down a manhole and went to meet his friends.
He allegedly told police he committed the triple murder because he was in love with a colleague, according to Italian daily La Stampa.
A safe at the home was open with a small amount of money missing, but investigators had focused on a private motive early on because of the murder of the baby, police sources said.
The apparent lack of a murder weapon caused police to rule out a murder-suicide by the mother.
- Indian woman says police gang-raped her inside station
- Court allows Musharraf to leave Pakistan
- Pakistan court extends father’s custody in marital murder case
- Dark tale of love and murder in Pakistan’s rural heartland
- Bobby Kennedy ordered murder of Marilyn Monroe, new book claims
- Ben Ali security chief walks free after sentence cut
- Turkey court to hear witnesses in police murder trial