India’s Midas magnate orders shirt of pure gold for birthday
What do you buy the man who seems to have everything? A textile magnate in India could have the answer
What do you buy the man who seems to have everything?
A textile magnate in India could have the answer, Pankaj Parakh is gifting himself with a new shirt for his 45th birthday on Friday – a solid gold shirt that reportedly weighs more than four kilos.
According to local media, the gold shirt turned heads as he walked through the streets of his home town of Yeola, near Mumbai, this week.
According to the Daily Mail, Parakh said that the gold used is of 18-22 carat purity but is as comfortable as a regular shirt due to a thin lining of cloth on the inside.
“It is easily washed and can be hung up to dry just like a normal piece of clothing, and a good a lifetime guarantee with it so that if it’s torn or damaged it will quickly be repaired,” added Parakh, according to the Daily Mail.
“I have always been fascinated with gold since I was five-years-old and studying in school. Over the years, that interest has become a real passion. So it was logical that I would want to make my 45th birthday a golden affair,” he added.
The shirt reportedly has seven solid gold buttons and was worn by the magnate this week after he collected it from the Shanti Jewellers at Parel in Mumbai.
- Gold steadies below 2-month high as global shares inched lower
- Saudi Arabia to excavate 500,000oz of gold
- Gold prices drop to 3.5-month low on strong U.S. data
- Barclays fined for handling of gold prices
- Kylie Minogue demonstrates her ‘sexercise’ moves on TV
- Gold drops on technical, bright U.S. economic data
- Gold industry shifts east as Dubai plans huge refinery