Japanese singer stuns Arab Idol auditions
Nao Koyasu said that she meticulously memorized each song by writing the lyrics over and over
Judges were in for a surprise at the upcoming season of Arab Idol's audition when a Japanese singer delivered a stellar performance of Fairouz "Aatini al Nai."
Nao Koyasu, who qualified for round 2, said that she meticulously memorized each song by writing the lyrics over and over.
According to Albawaba, as the 29-year-old singer left the room with her golden ticket and came face to face with the Arab Idol host Ahmed Fahmy, the Egyptian singer and songwriter, she froze and gave every indication that she had fallen in love at first sight. She breathed out one word as she stared at Fahmy: "Jameel."
This article was first published in Saudi Gazette on Wednesday, Sept. 10, 2014.
- 'Arab Idol' to FIFA Congress: Viva Palestine
- For Palestinians, Arab Idol offers welcome escape
- Arab Idol, MBC1 and Al Arabiya top TV charts in the UAE
- Arab Idol winner Mohammed Assaf goes on tour in USA
- Gaza’s Arab Idol winner in European debut
- Israel lets Arab Idol winner move to West Bank
- Arab Idol superstar Assaf might sing in World Cup opening