George Clooney busts a Middle Eastern dance move
Social media users in the Middle East reveled at the move, branding it native to the region
Social media users in the Middle East reveled at George Clooney's few-second dance which was labelled by users as exclusive to oriental dancing.
In a four-second video that has been widely shared on social media, the actor, recently married to British lawyer of Lebanese descent Amal Alumuddin, is shown clicking his index and middle fingers, a move seen in Arab and Middle Eastern dancing.
Clooney dons a serious face while he attempts to click his fingers and nods in laughter after three brief clicks.
In another version of the video, the Hollywood star moves on to discuss Iranian cinema, saying that it today produces some of the most interesting films in the world.
Clooney and Alumuddin wed in Florence earlier this month in a star-studded ceremony. While only close friends and family attended the wedding, thousands of reporters, photographers and spectators flocked to the Italian city to see the newly-married couple.
Alumuddin is a world-acclaimed barrister specializing in international criminal law. Controversial WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is one of her many high-profile clients.
- Video: Clooney jokes to fans, says spending honeymoon at Comic Con
- Clooney at Comic Con, wife gets back to work in Greece
- Mr., Mrs. Clooney get ‘Simpsons’ treatment
- It’s official! Clooney marriage certificate revealed
- Amal Alamuddin earns high-fashion accolades as Clooney’s bride
- First photos of Clooney wedding show Amal’s lace gown
- That’s amore! Clooney weds in Venice
- Clooney prepares for Venice wedding
- Clooney, fiancee arrive in Venice for wedding
- Venice to close area for Clooney wedding
- Clooney nabs Hollywood prize for Darfur stand