Call me Clooney! Amal back to work with new name
There have been numerous reports that Amal and George are now house-hunting in the UK after marrying in Venice
George Clooney’s wife has officially dropped her maiden name only two weeks after a lavish marriage in Italy, UK’s daily news website The Guardian reported Tuesday.
Amal Allamuddin, now Amal Clooney, changed her professional name as seen on the website of Doughty Street Chambers.
“Amal Clooney is a barrister specialising in international law, extradition and criminal law,” her professional profile on the website states.
The website page which shows Amal’s profile has crashed since the story was carried by the media, the website reported.
The couple, who exchanged vows at the seven-star Aman Canal Grande Hotel in Venice, reportedly celebrated their honeymoon in the Seychelles.
The ceremony was conducted by their close friend and ex-mayor of Rome, Walter Veltroni.
The marriage certificate of the couple was revealed last week.
- First photos of the Clooney, Alamuddin wedding
- First photos of Clooney wedding show Amal’s lace gown
- Amal Alamuddin earns high-fashion accolades as Clooney’s bride
- It’s official! Clooney marriage certificate revealed
- Mr., Mrs. Clooney get ‘Simpsons’ treatment
- Clooney at Comic Con, wife gets back to work in Greece