Monkey gives first aid to electrocuted friend
The injured monkey had fallen between the tracks, apparently after touching high-tension wires
Onlookers at a train station in northern India watched in awe as a monkey came to the rescue of an injured friend - resuscitating another monkey that had been electrocuted and knocked unconscious.
The injured monkey had fallen between the tracks, apparently after touching high-tension wires at the train station in the north Indian city of Kanpur.
His companion came to the rescue and was captured on camera lifting the friend’s motionless body, shaking it, dipping it into a mud puddle and biting its head and skin - working until the hurt monkey regained consciousness.
The first monkey, completely covered in mud, opened its eyes and began moving again.
Crowds of travelers watched the Sunday scene in amazement, filming and snapping pictures.
Iran hails voyage of Fargam the space monkeyThe monkey has now returned to space and President Rowhani congratulated the scientists involved Variety
Pictures of monkey on a leash in Dubai club spark outrageSocial media users are venting their anger at what they perceive to be animal abuse Variety
Monkey ‘selfies’ spark copyright war with WikipediaUnder U.S. law, 'copyright cannot vest in non-human authors' Digital
Ronaldinho called ‘monkey’ by former city officialRonaldinho signed for Queretaro two weeks ago and is expected to play his first match this week Sports
Video: Hero monkey saves ‘dying’ friend at India train stationVideo published online on Saturday showed a moving scene of several monkeys rescuing one of their own who fell unconscious after being electrocuted at ... Reports