Obama hangs out in Hawaii with Pearl Jam’s Vedder
Obama took his daughters, Sasha and Malia, to visit with Vedder and his family in Kailua
President Barack Obama is closing out his Hawaii vacation by hanging out with Pearl Jam rocker Eddie Vedder.
Obama took his daughters, Sasha and Malia, to visit with Vedder and his family in Kailua, not far from where the Obamas are renting a vacation home. They spent less than half an hour with Vedder.
The White House describes Vedder as a friend of the Obamas. In 2012, the lead singer performed at a fundraiser for Obama's re-election campaign in Florida.
The visit comes on the last day of Obama's two-week vacation on Oahu. Earlier Saturday, Obama got in a few last hours at the beach before visiting the cemetery where his mother's father is buried. Obama also visited his sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng.
The Obamas return to Washington on Sunday.
- Barack Obama honors Meryl Streep with ‘love’
- Obama hosts Ramadan dinner at White House
- Washington Post not posting alleged Obama-Beyonce affair story
- Obamas greet trick-or-treaters at the White House
- White House lockdown after 'Obama daughters followed'
- White House refuses to comment on anti-Justin Bieber petition