‘Yes we tan!’ White House plays on Obama’s suit
Before Obama began his State of the Union speech, the White House decided to play a little game
Before President Obama began his State of the Union speech on Tuesday evening, the White House decided to play a little game on Twitter.
Snapping a picture of Obama’s infamous tan suit, which caused controversy when he wore it at a press conference on foreign policy last August, the White House implied he’d be wearing the same shade again at the address.
But it turns out the White House was just messing around! He was later spotted leaving the White House for the Capitol in a trademark blue suit.
When he last wore the tan suit, uproar ensued on social media after many, including politicians, blasted the suit’s clash with the seriousness of his press conference’s topic: the threat of the ISIS militant group.
- President Obama’s State of the Union reflects ‘strong’ America
- Watch President Obama's State of the Union address
- Obama urges Congress to okay force against ISIS
- Full text of Obama's State of the Union address
- Obama asks Congress for power to set trade pacts
- Obama's top aide takes blame for U.S. absence in Paris march